Select Job Title:
The College of Science, Engineering, and Mathematics at Vincennes University is seeking applicants to fill a faculty position in the Chemistry Department. This is a full time, non-tenure track faculty position with benefits reporting to the Chair of the Chemistry Department.
• The appointment is 100% teaching, and faculty members are encouraged to use pedagogy that includes active learning, discovery laboratories, cooperative learning, and community building.
• Candidates should have the interest and expertise to teach a variety of chemistry courses (ranging from developmental and technical, to college entry level and baccalaureate level) in an open access college setting.
• Minimum qualification is a Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemistry Education. A Ph.D. is preferred.
• Knowledge of assessment and data-driven decision making.
The successful candidate must:
• Be able to incorporate a variety of teaching strategies and technologies in the classroom.
• Be able to encourage and assist new students to develop skills and confidence.
• Be able to provide a challenging environment for the highly skilled student.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Participate in activities for recruiting and retaining students.
• Teach undergraduate, developmental, and technical courses in chemistry.
• Serve as an academic advisor, and participating in related student success activities.
• Participate in recruitment and retention initiatives and activities.
• Participate in the development and implementation of assessment, including learning outcomes at the course, program, college, and university level.
• Serve on departmental, college, and university committees.
• Other duties as assigned.
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts, teaching philosophy and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to email@example.com. Deadline for first consideration is Friday, November 21, 2014. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.