Assistant Professor of English
The Department of English at Vincennes University is seeking applicants to fill the position of Assistant Professor of English. Applicants must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in English or Composition; consideration will be given to candidates with degrees in English-related fields, such as English Education. Experience teaching college-level and developmental composition is preferred.
Vincennes University offers associate and some baccalaureate degrees. The primary responsibility of VU faculty is instruction. The full-time load is 15 hours (five courses) per semester, along with academic advising. Primary responsibilities include teaching college-level and developmental composition, service on departmental and university-wide committees, departmental and university-wide assessment, academic advising, and other university service. Faculty must be able to work closely with a diverse student body of various levels of college preparation. Applicants should be student-centered and willing to help students learn both inside and outside the classroom. The successful candidate must be willing to cooperate with department and University personnel to assess and improve learning, with a commitment to enhance department goals and the University mission.
Interested persons should submit a letter of application, a brief philosophy of education, college transcripts, and resume with the names and contact information for three references to:
VU is committed to diversity in the college community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for first consideration is Friday, May 8, 2015. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
Assistant/Associate Professor of Elementary Education
Vincennes University is an Indiana public; institution of higher education with campuses in the southwestern Indiana communities of Vincennes, Jasper, Fort Branch and additional sites such as Indianapolis. Located on the banks of the scenic Wabash River in Indiana's first city, the Vincennes Campus is near sites such as the home of U.S. President William Henry Harrison and the George Rogers Clark National Historical Park, and just an hour away from Indiana's third largest city, Evansville. The Vincennes Campus has six residence halls and a diverse collegiate atmosphere featuring major arts, athletic, and recreational facilities that attract students from 28 other states and 30 countries.
In addition to associate degree and certificate programs, VU also offers select bachelor's degree programs, with accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. VU offers challenging work opportunities, a full range of employee benefits including a comprehensive health plan, paid leave, and a retirement plan. Founded in 1801, VU is Indiana's first college and is the only college in the nation founded by an individual who would later become President of the United States. More information is avalable at www.vinu.edu.
The Education Department of the College of Social Science and Performing Arts at Vincennes University is seeking applicants for an Elementary Education faculty member at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank. This is a full time faculty, with the future possibility of a tenure track, reporting to the Dean of the College of Social Science and Performing Arts.
• K-6 teaching experience in elementary or special education, 3 years minimum
• Masters degree in Education
• PhD, Ed.D., or ABD in field appropriate to the course of study given higher consideration
• Higher education teaching experience
• Accreditation experience with either The National Council of Accreditation for Teacher Education (NCATE) or The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
• Special consideration given to candidates with credentials in both elementary and special education.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Ability to work with a variety of learning styles and skill levels
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Teaching undergraduate courses in elementary and/or special education
• Serving as an academic advisor and participating in related student success activities
• Participating in the development and implementation of assessment of learning outcomes at the course, program, college, and university levels.
• Participating in research and service, including serving on school, departmental and university committees
• Working collaboratively with university, public/private schools
• A focus on premier learning and successful educational experiences for our students
• Cultural opportunities and community services in a diverse, student-centered, collegiate atmosphere
• Small class sizes
• Professional Work environment
• Talented and committed coworkers
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
• Letter of application
• Resume or curriculum vitae
• Copies of transcripts verifying educational degrees (official transcripts required upon offer of employment)
• Names and contact information of three references
VU is committed to diversity in the college community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to email@example.com. Deadline for first consideration is Friday, May 31, 2015. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
The College of Science, Engineering, and Mathematics at Vincennes University is seeking applicants to fill a faculty position in the Chemistry Department. This is a full time, non-tenure track faculty position with benefits reporting to the Chair of the Chemistry Department.
• The appointment is 100% teaching, and faculty members are encouraged to use pedagogy that includes active learning, discovery laboratories, cooperative learning, and community building.
• Candidates should have the interest and expertise to teach a variety of chemistry courses (ranging from developmental and technical, to college entry level and baccalaureate level) in an open access college setting.
• Minimum qualification is a Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemistry Education. A Ph.D. is preferred.
• Knowledge of assessment and data-driven decision making.
The successful candidate must:
• Be able to incorporate a variety of teaching strategies and technologies in the classroom.
• Be able to encourage and assist new students to develop skills and confidence.
• Be able to provide a challenging environment for the highly skilled student.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Participate in activities for recruiting and retaining students.
• Teach undergraduate, developmental, and technical courses in chemistry.
• Serve as an academic advisor, and participating in related student success activities.
• Participate in recruitment and retention initiatives and activities.
• Participate in the development and implementation of assessment, including learning outcomes at the course, program, college, and university level.
• Serve on departmental, college, and university committees.
• Other duties as assigned.
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts, teaching philosophy and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for first consideration is Friday, May 15, 2015. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
Vincennes University’s Law and Safety Department is seeking an applicant to fill a full-time faculty position in Law Enforcement. This is a nine-month position with fringe benefits, starting August 2015. The individual hired for this position will be responsible for teaching courses within the Law Enforcement degree programs. The standard teaching load is 15 credit hours per semester including day, night, and weekend classes.
The successful candidate will, in addition to teaching:
•Advise several law enforcement students
•Participate in departmental, college, and university committee work
•Participate in recruitment and retention activities
•Secure adjunct faculty as needed
•Be actively involved in the Vincennes University assessment process
•Be able to articulate a full understanding of, and appreciation for, a comprehensive and open-door community college philosophy
•Maintain required office hours
Qualifications and Experience:
•Master’s Degree preferred
•Will consider a Bachelor’s degree in the field plus 5 years experience
•Will consider an Associate’s degree in the field plus 15 years experience with evidence of serving in leadership roles
•Excellent interpersonal communication skills
•Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
•Familiarity with ILEA standards
•Forensics experience is a plus
•Experience in emergency management is a plus
•Experience in homeland security is a plus
•Experience in weapons of mass destruction is a plus
•Experience in intelligence analysis is a plus
•Experience in critical infrastructure protection is a plus
•Experience in cybercrime is a plus
•Experience in criminal and/or homeland security law is a plus
•Specialized certifications are a plus
•Online teaching experience is a plus
Academic rank and salary are commensurate with the credentials of the candidate.
Vincennes University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of interest, vita, all college transcripts and professional certifications, and a minimum of 3 reference letters to the Director of Human Resources Office, Vincennes University, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591. Applications will be received until Friday, May 8,2015. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising. AA/EOE
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for Faculty in Welding Technology. This is a full-time, nine-month, non-tenure track position with benefits beginning August 2015.
Position Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• Responsible for the continuous quality review and improvement of the Welding Technology Program.
• Have the ability to perform and demonstrate all aspects of Welding Technology (including Shielded Metal Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, Oxy-Fuel Welding and Cutting, Plasma Arc Cutting).
• Ability to work with the program coordinator, faculty, staff and other constituents.
• Prepare syllabi and course outlines using university guidelines; administer written and practical tests.
• Responsible for course assessment activities.
• Participate in departmental functions, such as staff meetings, committee work, curriculum development, recruiting initiatives, Project Excel, etc.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree.
• AWS Welder Qualification Test all position pipe 6G
• Minimum of five years of on the job training within the Welding Technology Industry.
• Excellent organizational, communication, problem solving skills required.
• Have a vision and passion for creating as inviting and challenging learning environment.
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to email@example.com. Deadline for first consideration is May 15, 2015. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. AA/EOE
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for a Computer Integrated Manufacturing Faculty Instructor. This is a full-time faculty position with benefits located in Vincennes, IN beginning August 2015.
To teach and develop courses, maintain equipment, update course material, recruit, and advise students as necessary to continually improve the highly successful Computer Integrated Manufacturing Program at Vincennes University. This position will also require working with and reporting to Toyota when teaching courses that are a part of the Advanced Manufacturing Technician Partnership with Toyota Motor Manufacturing of Indiana.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The Computer Integrated Manufacturing Instructor will have two main areas of responsibilities. The first area is teaching courses in the Computer Integrated Manufacturing Technology Program. The second area is performing laboratory technician and administrative duties.
• Participate in Recruiting Activities
• Prepare/Update Materials for Courses Taught
• Maintain/Repair/Build Laboratory Equipment
• Flexibility in Schedule/Able to work evenings and occasional Saturdays if needed
• Maintain a close working relationship with TMMI personnel
• Advise and Monitor Student Progress
• Advise and Schedule Students
• Other duties as opportunities arise
Minimum of an A.S. Degree directly related to Industrial Maintenance
Minimum of three year’s work experience directly working with automation technology used in manufacturing. Must be proficient in troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, and fluid power systems.
Direct Work Experience in the Following Areas:
• Electrical/Electronic Control Circuits
• Mechanical Drive Systems
• Fluid Power
• Motor Control System
• 3 Phase Power
• PLC Programming
• Industrial Robot Programming
• Process Control
• Industrial Networking
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, official college transcripts, and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for first consideration is May 15, 2015. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.