Select Job Title:
Assistant/Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
The Physics & Engineering Department, in the College of Science, Engineering, and Mathematics at Vincennes University, has a faculty opening at the Assistant/Associate Professor rank. The Department is seeking applicants to teach a variety of courses at the undergraduate level, including mechanical engineering (Structures, Thermodynamics, Engineering Graphics, Statics, and Dynamics), physics, and mathematics. Beginning in January 2016, this is a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position, with benefits, reporting to the Chair of the Physics & Engineering Department, and which has the potential to become tenure track.
• Candidates should have the interest and expertise to teach a variety of mechanical engineering, physics, and mathematics courses (ranging from developmental and technical, to college entry level and intermediate level) in an open access college setting.
• Minimum qualification is a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a Master’s Degree and 18 graduate hours in mechanical engineering. An exceptional candidate without the MS may be considered if s/he is willing to put into place, and make progress on, an educational plan to earn the master’s degree.
• Knowledge of assessment and data-driven decision making.
The successful candidate must:
• be able to incorporate a variety of teaching strategies and technologies in the classroom.
• be able to encourage and assist new students to develop skills and confidence.
• be able to provide a challenging environment for the highly skilled student.
• possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• participate in activities for recruiting and retaining students.
• Teach undergraduate, developmental, and technical courses in engineering, physics, and mathematics.
• Serve as an academic advisor, and participate in related student success activities.
• Participate in recruitment and retention initiatives and activities.
• Participate in the development and implementation of assessment, including learning outcomes, at the course, program, college, and university levels.
• Participate in research and service, including serving on departmental, college, and university committees.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Cover letter with a description of teaching interests and experience.
• Resume or curriculum vitae.
• Copies of transcripts verifying educational degree (official transcripts required upon offer of employment).
• Portfolio artifacts (including teaching philosophy).
• Names and contact information of three references.
Submit required documentation to:
Vincennes University Office of Human Resources
1002 N. First Street Vincennes, In 47591 Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community.