Select Job Title:
The College of Science and Mathematics at Vincennes University is seeking applicants to fill a faculty position in Mechanical Engineering. This is a full time, non-tenure track, nine-month position with benefits, reporting to the Chair of the Physics & Engineering Department.
• Candidates should have the interest and expertise to teach a variety of mechanical engineering, physics, and mathematics courses such as Structures, Thermodynamics, Engineering Graphics, Statics, and Dynamics, (ranging from developmental and technical, to college entry level and intermediate level) in an open access college setting.
• Minimum qualification is a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a Master’s Degree and 18 graduate hours in mechanical engineering.
• Knowledge of assessment and data-driven decision making.
The successful candidate must:
• Be able to incorporate a variety of teaching strategies and technologies in the classroom.
• Be able to encourage and assist new students to develop skills and confidence.
• Be able to provide a challenging environment for the highly skilled student.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• Participate in activities for recruiting and retaining students.
• Teach undergraduate, developmental, and technical courses in engineering, physics, and mathematics.
• Serve as an academic advisor, and participate in related student success activities.
• Participate in recruitment and retention initiatives and activities.
• Participate in the development and implementation of assessment, including learning outcomes, at the course, program, college, and university levels.
• Participate in research and service, including serving on departmental, college, and university committees.
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts, teaching philosophy and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. Deadline for first consideration is April 15, 2014.