Select Job Title:
Vincennes University Logistics Training and Education Center (VU LTEC) is seeking a full-time non-tenure track faculty member for the Supply Chain Logistics Management program located in Plainfield, Indiana. This position is an on-site position at VU LTEC. This full-time position is responsible for providing both academic (credit) and training (non-credit) instruction to students in order to prepare them for positions in the logistics industry. The faculty member will also be responsible for curriculum development, maintaining accurate and timely student records, attending education and employer fairs, and collaborating with students, staff and industry employers.
This position will report to the Director of Logistics. This individual will interact with students, staff and faculty.
• Instruct non-credit courses for the Global Logistics Associate (GLA) program (sponsored by APICS) to a diverse group of students, including sales professionals, high school students, and dislocated workers; instruct other non-credit courses as needed (i.e. Team Lead, Supervisor Training, etc.)
• Instruct courses for students pursuing for-credit certificate or associate degree programs in accordance with common course outlines
• Ability to teach course content in a variety of formats; ability to teach non-standard work hours (e.g. weekends/nights), if needed
• Responsible for curriculum development, including planning, designing, and writing for academic and training programs
• Prepare and deliver content via multiple learning modalities (online, in-person, hands-on, etc.) and modes (l lecture, discussion, group work)
• Provide hands-on instruction on equipment related to the warehousing, material handling, forklift operations, and manufacturing concepts
• Responsible for designing, administering and grading all coursework/examinations
• Maintain current and accurate student grades, records, and attendance
• Coordinate activities of other VU LTEC adjunct faculty members (instruction, curriculum development, etc.)
• Work with employers to identify possible training needs to assist in future workforce development
• Communicate with Academic Advisor on student learning needs/issues; collaborate with Academic Advisor to develop and implement solutions to student learning needs/issues; advise students as necessary
• Participate in professional development learning opportunities as needed; maintain knowledge of current practices in the field
• Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position must have the following:
• Successful work experience within the logistics industry; specifically, the faculty member will have a significant working knowledge of warehousing, distribution, material handling, and manufacturing concepts. • Understand the concepts of safety, 5S, lean concepts, etc.
• Strong understanding of teaching/learning theories and how to actively engage a diverse group of students
• Must be an innovative instructor that has the ability to create dynamic curriculum and teach complex concepts in a creative manner
• Efficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and willingness to learn new computer systems
• Ability to handle a substantial caseload with minimal supervision
• Must have ability to take initiative and have superior organizational skills; Excellent oral and written skills required
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) or
• Bachelor’s degree plus relevant work experience in area of instruction.
• Specific professional licensing or certification related to the logistics industry is preferred.
VU is committed to diversity in the college community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to email@example.com. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.