Select Job Title:
POSITION: Instructor of Product Design and Production Processes
INTERNAL JOB TITLE: Full Time Faculty
DIVISION/AREA: College of Technology
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Teach Product Design and Production Processes Courses
• Associate Degree in Drafting and Design/CAD or equivalent Drafting/Design Program w/ a minimum of 5 years of verifiable industry experience in the drafting and design field
• Experience and proven proficiency with PTC/Creo and AutoCAD
• Experience and solid working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in accordance with the ASME Y14.5-2009 standard
• A working knowledge of 3-D Printing and 3-D Scanning equipment and processes
• Baccalaureate Degree in Technology is Preferred
• Teaching experience is Preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work collaboratively with the Manufacturing Department on the Vincennes campus
• Teach Manual and Computer Aided Drafting, Additive Manufacturing, Reverse Engineering and other related classes
• Assist students with labs and assignments both during class and outside of class as needed
• Assess student progress through testing and lab work, submit grades
• Teach Product Design and Production Processes classes including the following:
o Descriptive Geometry
o Manual Drafting
o Computer Aided Drafting using PTC/Creo and AutoCAD
o Tool Design Principals
o Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
o Additive Manufacturing
o Reverse Engineering
o Other related Product Design courses
• Maintain lab equipment for student use
• Prepare and deliver hands-on drafting and design labs for students
• Assess student progress through testing and lab work
• Turn in data for assessment to program coordinator
• Develop and maintain relationships with High School faculty to facilitate recruiting
• Develop and maintain relationships with Industry to facilitate education and job placement
• Other duties as assigned
• Industry experience or course work in tool design including jigs, fixtures, dies and molds
• Industry experience or course work in plastic part design
• Proficiency in Windows based workstations and common office software and equipment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to develop and refine lesson plans as needed
Normal physical demands for successful work in a normal classroom environment and ability to lift 25 pounds.
This position is a full time, 9 month contract, faculty position. However, qualified personnel who are not available for full-time employment may apply as adjunct instructors in the Product Design program.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to email@example.com. Resumes and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the application period. The position will exist in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community
POSITION: Semester Contract Faculty: Communications (Speech/Interpersonal Com)
REPORTS TO: Department Chair, Humanities & Social Science
DEPARTMENT(S): Humanities and Social Science
COLLEGE/AREA: VU Jasper Campus
PREPARED BY: DEPARTMENT CHAIR & DEAN DATE: June 2016
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Teach Communications (Speech & Interpersonal Communication) and related classes at the Jasper Campus and at other sites as assigned. This is a contract position for Fall 2016; not benefit eligible.
Vincennes University is a public, two-year institution offering transfer courses and career-technical programs leading to associate degrees, as well as selected baccalaureate degrees. The Jasper Campus is located in Jasper, Indiana. The institution emphasizes excellence in teaching and learning.
Course assignments may include Speech, Interpersonal Communication. Faculty members are expected to provide an effective teaching environment that is conducive to student learning. The classroom and coursework should contain elements that recognize and enhance components of the learning process, employ effective delivery of instructional materials, and are responsive to the personal and professional needs of students.
Applicants should have a master's degree in Communications with 18 graduate credits or a master’s degree with at least 18 graduate credits in Communications or related field. Applicants should have teaching experience, preferably at the college level.
The faculty member will fulfill his/her responsibilities for effective teaching and the facilitation of student learning, which include activities such as:
• Teaching students in courses as assigned
• Meeting all classes at the appointed time and for the scheduled amount of time
• Holding office hours
• Grading students according to established criteria
• Being prepared for classes with appropriate handouts, laboratory materials, tests, and syllabi that are clear, consistent, and current
• Following institutional standards and procedures for grade reporting
• Providing the respective dean, and each student with a copy of the syllabus for each class
• Creating a positive classroom climate that facilitates student learning
• Assessing student learning outcomes
• Utilizing current knowledge and relevant examples
• Being student-centered in decisions to accommodate student needs
• Engaging in professional development to remain current in the discipline and in teaching/learning
• Providing the division office with copies of final exams
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
EDUCATION: MASTER’S DEGREE WITH A MINIMUM OF 18 GRADUATE CREDIT HOURS IN THE FIELD TO BE TAUGHT.
EXPERIENCE: College level teaching experience preferred. Work experience in the field to be taught is desirable.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Excellent communication skills required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Mathematics skills appropriate to the subject.
REASONING SKILLS: Excellent reasoning skills required.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Excellent interpersonal skills required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Moderate lifting and moving.
Submit required documentation to:
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by July 22, 2016.
This position requires a satisfactory criminal history background check.
Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator.