FACULTY IN ART, Photography Emphasis
The NASAD accredited, Art and Design Department at Vincennes University in southwestern Indiana, invites applications for a Full-Time Faculty position beginning August 10, 2015. Candidates should have the interest and expertise to teach Art and Design courses in a two-year transfer program as assigned with an emphasis in Photography. Faculty members are expected to provide an effective teaching environment that is conducive to student learning.
A Master’s degree is required with an emphasis in Photography and an MFA is preferred. Preference will be given to applicants able to teach both traditional and digital photography courses and related areas. Interest and/or experience in directing a gallery program affiliated with the Art and Design offerings is a plus. Possible secondary teaching areas may include Art History, Art Appreciation, Drawing, Design Foundations or Art and Design courses for Non-Art majors. Teaching experience is desirable, preferably at the college level and especially in Photography. Excellent reasoning, organizational, interpersonal, computer and communication skills are required. Successful applicants will fulfill responsibilities for effective teaching and the facilitation of student learning, which include:
• Oversight and maintenance of Photography instructional facilities, equipment and supplies
• Creating a positive classroom climate that facilitates student learning
• Utilizing current knowledge and relevant examples in teaching and professional practice
• Being student-centered in decisions to accommodate student needs
• Professional engagement to remain current in the discipline and in teaching/learning
• Maintaining academic standards established in the discipline
• Recruiting, advising and retention activities
• Serving on department, division and university committees
• Assisting in assessment of courses and curricula
VU is committed to diversity in the college community and successful applicants will work with students from a wide range of social, cultural and educational backgrounds.
Interested applicants should submit the following, in order, via email on one pdf document: Letter of Application, Resume or CV, Three References, Artist’s Statement, Teaching Philosophy and copies of College Transcripts. Additionally, 15 - 20 visual examples each of own work and student work must be sent via either website link in application document or as a separate pdf document. Use the following format for titling your materials: Lastname-Firstname-VUARTPHOTOapp.pdf for written materials and Lastname-Firstname-VUARTPHOTOwork.pdf for visual samples. Send electronic application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is Thursday, July 16, 2015 with first consideration given to applications received by Thursday, July 9, 2015.
VINCENNES UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Graphic Design Full Time Faculty with Benefits
General Description: Teach courses in support of the Graphic Design Occupational Program. Plan course content, including lectures, activities, assignments, and assessments. Teach courses as assigned, meet with students as required, assess student work according to course and program outcomes.
Examples of Duties:
• Create and implement appropriate class projects that will promote maximum learning
• Stay current in art and design trends and technologies
• Take an active role in curriculum development, program assessment and student advising
• Work with students with a variety of experience levels
• Work as a team member with other department faculty
• Perform basic maintenance and software updates in Macintosh classrooms and lab
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and willingness to stay current as software upgrades occur
• Knowledge of and experience with Mac-based OS
• College-level written and verbal communication skills
• Interpretation of art and design, including description, analysis, interpretation and judgment
• Knowledge of principles and elements of design
• Understanding of applied Design Thinking
• Minimum of 5 years professional experience in communication design, art direction and the technology tools, that meet the demands of the current professional design practice in print and digital media
• Teaching experience at all levels of a graphic design curriculum in higher education or equivalent experience as a creative director
• Experience in creating and evaluating graphic design curriculum
• MFA in Graphic Design preferred; BFA or AS considered with extensive experience in the field of Graphic Design
• Letter of application
• Resume (preferred) or CV
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Three professional references with contact information
• Samples of your work (electronic preferred)
• Samples of student work (if applicable)
Qualified candidates for this position should be prepared for an interview, complete portfolio presentation and a sample class presentation that highlights teaching style.
VU is committed to diversity in the college community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to email@example.com. Deadline for application is July 15, 2015. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
FUNERAL SERVICE FACULTY Full-time Position
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for one full-time funeral service education faculty position with benefits. Position will begin August 2015.
Basic responsibilities include functioning as a team member in the development, implementation, and assessment of curriculum and course materials, clinical and lab supervision of students, classroom teaching, and student advising responsibilities for the Funeral Service Education Program. The faculty member will also be responsible for maintaining accreditation and legal requirements for the Program in accordance with the American Board of Funeral Service Education and the State Board of Funeral and Cemetery Service.
Qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
a) appropriate Indiana licensure or eligibility for licensure
b) an earned master’s degree from a regionally accredited program
c) experience in funeral service practice. Preference will be given to the candidate with prior teaching experience.
VU is committed to diversity in the college community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is Friday, July 10, 2015. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.