Select Job Title:
Vincennes University is seeking a dynamic and experienced Family Nurse Practitioner to work at our on-campus medical clinic to provide medical care and treatment to our Faculty, Staff, and Students. The Nurse Practitioner will be an autonomous provider executing professional clinical judgment in the care of his/her patients. We are looking for a professional who is focused on improving health outcomes and dedicated to our goal of providing service excellence to promote the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents. This is a full-time professional staff position offering a comprehensive benefit package.
This position offers the opportunity to provide proactive care with lifestyle coaching and expands the traditional health provider/patient relationship to include primary prevention, wellness initiatives and pre-disease management. This provider will be responsible for delivering highest quality health care within our scope of services while achieving optimum patient care to the VU community.
Qualifications and Skills
• The successful candidate must have an active Nurse Practitioner license with full prescriptive authority: family nurse practitioner certification is a plus. Three to five years of post-certification experience is preferred.
• The candidate must have the ability to practice autonomously with minimal physician supervision and know when to consult a physician. We are searching for a candidate who is a self-starter and is highly adaptable and flexible.
• The candidate will develop and implement onsite educational programs based on our medical dynamics (i.e., obesity, smoking cessation, etc.)
• Ability to provide case management services to assist clients and families with the arrangement for, or refer patients to needed provider services.
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts, licensure, certifications, and contact information for three references to: Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for first consideration is Friday, October 10, 2014. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for Programmer/Analyst. This is a full time professional staff position with benefits.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
The programmer/analyst is a highly motivated individual who constantly strives to increase his technical expertise in computer technology. He/she is expected to perform independently, or as part of a team, to design, develop, and implement information systems throughout the University. He/she must be capable of interacting with the user community in terms of analyzing functional processes, determine system specifications, design solutions, write programs and implement critical system applications while maintaining the production standards of the Management Information Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Install, implement, and maintain vendor developed software.
• Code, test, and document programs required by University departments.
• Collaborate with MIC and University personnel to determine the processing needs and use standard system design techniques to devise the resulting information system.
• Support clients in the various University departments using vendor developed or in-house developed software and data integration issues with PC/Server software applications.
• Maintain an awareness of, and increase his/her personal knowledge of technical developments in computer hardware, software, programming languages, and system design techniques.
• Conduct system assurance tests of all software before releasing software to operations for production. • Maintain documentation on any programming changes.
• Provide trouble shooting and maintenance support for existing systems.
• Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and/or Experience: A BS degree in computer science or related field, equivalent work experience, or a combination of an AS degree in computer science or related field with appropriate work experience would be acceptable.
Computer Skills: Experience in most of the following areas are required:
Linux (Unix type Operating System)
Windows Operating System
Other Skills and Abilities:
Employee will be required to attend various employee meetings, training, committees and other special activities as depicted by supervisor. Occasional lifting may be required.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, official transcripts and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until September 26, 2014 and interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
Vincennes University’s Office of Institutional Research is seeking applicants for the position of Data Research Analyst. The analyst is a member of a team that provides analytical and technical assistance in support of University planning and decision-making, policy formation, and assessment. This is a full-time, professional staff position with benefits.
• Oversees the collection, compilation, and extraction of statistical data under the supervision of the director of Institutional Research
• Works closely with the director to develop and maintain databases appropriate for ad hoc, cyclical, and longitudinal reporting and statistical analyses
• Assists with data collection and validation, dissemination and analyses of results, and report preparation for internal and external reports and surveys
• Performs regular audits of databases, extract files and other data, both internal and external, to ensure data integrity
• Assists with the development, administration, and dissemination of IR surveys as needed
• Performs additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree with at least two years’ experience in institutional research or in database management/development is required. Candidates having an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered. Preference will be given to applicants skilled in the use of statistical software packages (SPSS), Structured Query Language (SQL), SCT Banner, or the Argos Enterprise Reporting System.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Intermediate to advanced experience in the use of a variety of computer applications and reporting tools including, but not limited to MS Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Documented experience with large data sets and relational databases, data query, and data extraction including the ability to import and export files between software, perform analyses, and prepare reports
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, including demonstrated ability to process large amounts of information, disseminate into essential elements, and to provide analyses of findings
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and function independently with limited supervision and guidance
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write analytical and technical reports and to proofread with a high degree of accuracy
• Strong statistical and analytical skills with the ability to persist, problem solve, and think critically when working in isolation or with others
• Ability to work collaboratively and maintain collegial relationships with IR staff, students, and other University personnel
Extensive computer use and sitting
VU is committed to diversity in the college community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period. The deadline for first consideration is September 30, 2014.
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for the position of Workforce Training Coordinator / Youth Specialist in Bloomington, IN. The position is a full-time, professional staff position with full benefits in the Workforce Development / Community Services Department.
Specific duties of the Workforce Training Coordinator/Youth Specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conducts community outreach and recruitment of potential youth WIA customers. Develops and maintains contacts with community organizations and educational institutions for the purpose of outreach, recruitment and positive public relations. May present information regarding programs and services to community groups and organizations.
• Orientates youth customers to the services and eligibility requirements of the WIA program in both group settings and individually.
• Assists customers with their career planning and career decision-making process to include assessing customer’s employment and training needs to include job readiness status.
• Assists customers in identifying and addressing barriers to employment, and refers customers to intensive and training services within the one-stop system as appropriate, or to community resources as necessary. Determines customer eligibility for program services based upon assessed needs and program eligibility requirements.
• Assists WIA customers with their enrollment and participation in post-secondary educational opportunities. Issues vouchers for tuition and books as necessary. Monitors student progress, collects grades and attendance information. Counsels students when concerns arise. Assists students with supportive services as per their assessed needs. Mentors customers while they are attending post-secondary training.
• Enters all relevant data (enrollment, case management notes, job placement data, follow-up information, etc.) into computer tracking system. Performs necessary documentation, paperwork and record keeping.
• Prepares customers for their job search by assisting them with resumes, cover letters, mock interviews, etc. May develop and present career and job search workshops and orientations to job seekers, and provides Workforce Center tours as needed.
• Provides job development and appropriate job referrals to WIA customers and conducts follow-up services with customers regarding their job search.
• May provide eligibility determination and collect necessary documentation to demonstrate customer’s eligibility for program services.
• Assists in organizing & participating in job fairs, trade shows, and appropriate community events as required.
• Responsible for submitting Youth program reports when required.
• All other duties as assigned by Management Staff.
REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in career counseling, educational/guidance counseling, human services or a related field preferred. Five years of work experience in a related field, with at least two years of counseling and case management experience. Combination of education and experience can be substituted for required experience.
• Skills/Abilities: Ability to provide positive, outstanding customer service. In order to provide the highest level of customer service, this position requires a thorough understanding of the job search process including proficiency in resume writing, uploading resumes to internet websites, cover letters, job interviewing skills, etc.
Additional skills & abilities include the following:
• Ability to interact positively with a variety of personalities and socio-economic populations.
• Ability to work in an integrated team environment and provide support to fellow team members is essential.
• Problem-solving skills, organizational skills, time management skills, and excellent oral and written communications skills are essential.
• Proficiency in a variety of computer software applications are required including Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and internet applications. Ability to create, maintain and enter information into databases. Ability to learn new applications quickly to include database management.
• Knowledge of the Indiana Career Connect Marketplace, Workforce Investment Act programs, Trade Adjustment Assistance, and/or Rapid Response process is a plus.
• Travel within Region 8 Counties (South Central Indiana) may be required, as well as occasional overnight travel to areas outside Region 8. A valid Indiana driver’s license and access to a reliable, insured motor vehicle is required.
• Drug screening and background check will be conducted upon offer of employment.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to:
1002 North First Street
Vincennes, IN 47591
Or email to email@example.com
Deadline to apply is Friday September 26, 2014. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community.
Vincennes University is seeking applicants to fill the position of Director of Recreational Sports. The Director of Recreational Sports will have direct responsibility of facilities, programs, which ensure services that promote health, wellness and student engagement. The Director will provide leadership to ensure compliance with all regulations and standards. Promote programs and services through marketing with an emphasis on student engagement. Develop fiscal year budgets and initiatives, and monitor all financial activity for fiscal responsibility. Oversee the selection process, hiring, evaluation, and training of all staff. The Director of Recreational Sports is a Professional Staff, 12 month position with some night and weekend responsibilities. The Director of Recreational Sports will report directly to the Assistant Provost for Student Affairs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides oversight for the department in terms of staffing, budgeting, and programs/initiatives
• Provides fiscal management of departmental budget
• Provides direction for Assistant Director
• Provides leadership for the department which includes the development of annual goals and priorities, new programs, and strategic initiatives
• Utilizes data and metrics to monitor current and new programs initiatives
• Responsible for hiring, training, and supervision of all staff
• Participates in planning with the Physical Plant
• Coordinates facility scheduling for university and community usage
• Partners with the Athletic Department to schedule facility usage and maintenance
• Ensures compliance of programs with policy, procedures, and standards
• Ensures the safety and well-being of all participants in facility usage
• Partners with University committees, faculty, staff and students
• All other duties as assigned by the Assistant Provost for Student Affairs
• Master's degree in Recreational Sports Management, Health, Physical Education or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in collegiate recreational sports management or equivalent sports administrative setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of/experience with recreational sports in higher education
• Ability to build relationships leading to engagement of students, faculty and the university community
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated organization, innovation and analytical skills
• Nationally recognized CPR, First Aid and AED certification required
• Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and execute logistics for events
• Skill in adjusting priorities and adapting to an environment with changing needs
• Ability to produce electronic/marketing materials
• Experience with Word, Excel, Banner and other web based programs
Required Application Materials
• Letter of application out lining the candidate’s interest in the position, as well as professional qualifications and experience
• Copy of college transcripts
• 3 references who are professionals knowledgeable about the applicant’s experience and performance. Current contact for these references should be included.
Interested applicants should submit the required materials to Vincennes University, Human Resources Office, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for first consideration is Tuesday, September 30, 2014. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community.
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for Director of University Events. This positions will serve as the primary coordinator of traditional University events, camps and conferences, and be a creative contributor to the External Relations team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide strong leadership and management skills to coordinate large-scale activities that include multiple offices and/or locations such as Homecoming, commencement exercises, Miss VU, groundbreakings, and dedications.
• Serve as the first point of contact for the booking and coordination of camps, conferences and large-group visitations.
• Plan and communicate event logistics, set-up, and special needs with internal departments and external vendors.
• Develop a calendar that outlines upcoming events and serves as a planning guide for the timely preparation of materials.
• Maintain an active knowledge of University facilities, amenities, food services, and associated fees.
• Collect and provide information/materials for the promotion of large-scale events by External Relations.
• Collaborate with clients and University offices to generate budgets and ensure the completion of invoices, accounts receivable and collections.
• Generate new leads and develop relationships with new venue clients as well as maintaining relationships with current clients.
• Manage reservations for the University guest house.
• Be a highly visible representative of Vincennes University.
• Promote VU as a venue destination to key groups as identified by Executive Administration.
• Perform general administrative duties, such as invitational correspondence and follow-up, reconciling reports, and other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of External Relations.
• Be an active learner who pursues professional development; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional organizations.
Guide and work with student interns, workers, or volunteers assigned to events.
Bachelor Degree required. Experience in event planning preferred. Candidates must be an enthusiastic, highly organized individual who is flexible, customer service oriented, and able to work under tight time constraints. Must possess negotiation, management, and decision-making skills and have a strong record of reliability. Must be a powerful communicator who is able to develop positive working relationships with multiple audiences such as colleagues, students, alumni, service providers, and external vendors. Other requirements include, but are not limited to lifting containers weighing 40 pounds, having a valid driver’s license, and working a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and some overnight travel.
Vincennes University is committed to diversity in the college community.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to: Human Resources, Vincennes University, 1002 North First Street. Vincennes, IN 47591 or to email@example.com. Screening of applications and interviews may be conducted concurrently with the application period. Application deadline is October 4, 2014.
Tractor-Trailer Driver Trainer (TTDT) Coordinator Plainfield, IN
This position is located in Plainfield, Indiana. This full-time professional staff position is responsible for coordinating the Vincennes University Logistics Training and Education Center’s (VU LTEC) Tractor-Trailer Driver Training (TTDT) program. In addition, the coordinator will also be responsible for conducting CDL Class A and B training. This program is part of the University’s Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College and Career Training (TAACCCT) grant from the United States Department of Labor (DOL). Previous training experience is required, with a commitment to student learning and outcomes. This is a temporary position ending September 30, 2015, with the possibility of continuing based on program growth and sustainability.
Vincennes University is the recipient of a $2.9 million three-year federal grant (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2015) to bolster instruction at VU LTEC in Plainfield, Indiana. Successful grant administration will include a program sustainability plan, which has the potential to extend this position’s employment.
The TAACCCT grant comes from the U.S. DOL in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Education. VU’s grant will be used for the development and expansion of innovative training programs in the supply chain and logistics industry. The federal funding will enhance VU’s existing logistics education and training to more effectively meet the needs of eligible workers and employers. The goal is to fill the substantial middle-skills gap currently existing in Central Indiana and meet the needs of employers industry-wide.
This position will report to the Director of Logistics at VU LTEC. This individual will interact with students, faculty, and Vincennes University administrative offices.
PRIMARY DUTIES (may include, but not limited to the following):
• Coordinate all aspects of the TTDT program, including curriculum development, scheduling, recruitment, and student enrollment
• Oversee the work of two (2) current TTDT instructors and additional future faculty
• Conduct CDL training in accordance with the VU curriculum and the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles guidelines
• Maintain all paperwork and reporting data for BMV license requirements and PTDI program certification
• Develop/enhance current TTDT curriculum to include classroom and hands-on instruction, with embedded technology components; integrate Professional Truck Driver Institute (PTDI) standards into curriculum
• Responsible for setting and managing the TTDT course schedule; scheduling student testing
• Manage multi-site training initiatives
• Responsible for student recruitment and TTDT marketing initiatives, including attendance at career/education fairs, working with the Public Workforce System, and working with industry employers
• Develop written policies and procedures for the TTDT program
• Responsible for completing all student enrollment information in a timely manner
• Responsible for accurate data collection required for the TAACCCT grant (pre- and post-enrollment)
• Maintain safety as the number one priority for all students and staff
• Other duties as assigned
• Receive Indiana BMV instructor licensed by completing Indiana BMV Instructor application and background check
• Adhere to Vincennes University’s Instructor Policies (available upon request)
• Adhere to general employee policies found in the Vincennes University Online Manual
• Be available and on time to conduct training as scheduled by VU LTEC
• Be responsible for all University equipment and facilities
• Conduct oneself in a professional manner as a representative of VU LTEC
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The TTDT Coordinator must have the following:
• Three (3) years verifiable experience driving Class A tractor-trailers
• Current Class A Commercial Driver’s License; current clean Motor Vehicle Record
• Current Department of Transportation physical; ability to pass drug screen
• Present knowledge on all State and Federal (FMCSA) regulations
• Working knowledge of CDL training/testing requirements
• Must meet VU’s basic instructor qualifications and skills
• Have a high school diploma or GED, some college preferred
• Applicants should have successful experience in overseeing simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
• Ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders, including faculty, students, staff, industry employers, and the public workforce system
• Must have the ability to take initiative; have superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Must have excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
• Professional appearance and manner is essential
• Microsoft Office Suite ability is a must
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls, reach with arms, and climb stairs. The employee must have the ability to occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
For more information call Vincennes University at (317) 381-6028. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by August 31, 2014 to Vincennes University Human Resources, 1002 N. First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Vincennes University Logistics Training and Education Center Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Early College Assistant Dean of Instruction
Vincennes University, a comprehensive community college located in Vincennes, Indiana invites applications for the position of Assistant Dean of Instruction based at the Area Career Center (ACC), an early college program in Hammond, Indiana. This is a full-time, twelve-month Professional Staff position with full benefits. Competitive salary will be based upon qualifications and experience.
Reporting to the Vincennes University Early College Dean, the Assistant Dean of Instruction is responsible for academic and administrative oversight of all VU programs and services offered at the Area Career Center. The responsibilities for the position include, but are not limited to: work cooperatively with the Principal of the ACC Director of Career and Technical Education to ensure the smooth operation of the day-to-day instructional operation; develop valuable labor market intelligence to identify significant internship opportunities and career-building opportunities among companies related to key sectors in the region where early college graduates will likely seek employment; build relationships with employers offering internships that structure and enhance educational content, embedding work-based learning and work experiences into the early college programs; communicate with the Early College and other VU academic deans in ensuring an effective and efficient schedule; supervise the on-site math and English tutors in providing advising and mentoring services for students; recruit, train and evaluate faculty; ensure adequate training of the VU adjunct personnel in the use of University instructional and support technology including scheduling with Banner; participate in budget planning and oversight; supply curriculum and program review; develop annual goals and objectives for the Instructional Area; coordinate program articulation, outcomes assessment and accreditation; support the University’s outreach programs; act as a member of the Vincennes University administrative team. In addition, the Assistant Dean is to serve as the lead administrator in the development and operation of regional Vincennes University Early College High School partnerships, including oversight of VU administrators at other regional Early College sites
The University seeks an individual with effective communication, interpersonal, planning, decision-making and leadership skills. Additionally, the individual will be sensitive to the needs of diverse groups and committed to advancing cultural diversity. Specific requirements for the position include a minimum of five years of teaching at the collegiate level, significant successful administrative/management experience in higher education, a minimum of a master's degree (doctorate preferred), and demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college and early college philosophy.
Founded in 1801, Vincennes University is a comprehensive, residential community college located in Vincennes, Indiana. In addition to its well-established, high-quality campus, the University has branch campuses and extensive distance learning programs. A full range of transfer and technical/occupational programs is offered, and the University draws students from every county in Indiana as well as from many states and foreign countries.
Applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and names and contact information of five professional references. While applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled, candidates are encouraged to submit materials not later than August 31, 2014. Initial screening of applicants may occur concurrently with the advertisement period. The position will remain open until filled.
Completed applications are to be sent to:
Office of Human Resources Vincennes University 1002 North First Street Vincennes, IN 47591
Or emailed to: email@example.com
Vincennes University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
A FT CDL Lead Third Party Examiner is an individual employed by Vincennes University who has been issued a CDL Third Party Examiner identification card by the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles authorizing them to conduct the CDL skills tests required for a CDL license on behalf of Vincennes University at the Vincennes University test site.
Coordinate available examiners with scheduled exams weekly; be available to fill in for unavailable examiners.
Coordinate maintenance schedules of test site equipment including preventative maintenance and repairs.
Maintain accurate testing schedules on public website using current scheduling system.
Perform weekly record audits on receipts issued, payments collected and money deposited.
Conduct CDL skills tests in accordance with the contract between Vincennes University and the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV).
Adhere to Vincennes University’s Examiner Policies. (Available upon request)
Adhere to general employee policies found in the Vincennes University Online Manual.
Adhere to Vincennes University CDL Test Scheduling Process. (Available upon request)
Maintain CDL testing records and follow daily, weekly and monthly reporting procedures as required by contract with the BMV.
Complete and submit copies of all BMV summary reports to Vincennes TTDT/CDL office.
Complete and deliver to Vincennes University TTDT/CDL office a financial report listing all tests administered including date, name of examinee, charges for use of vehicle, money collected and examinee scores. The CDL Examiner is solely responsible for delivery of all funds in his/her possession.
Be available and on time to conduct tests as scheduled by the TTDT/CDL office. Examiner needs to be available a minimum of five (5) days per week. (Per Vincennes University/BMV contract, “CDL test are to be scheduled and conducted five (5) days a week during acceptable weather conditions.”) Except in case of emergencies, any requests for days/time off must be submitted and approved by the TTDT/CDL office two (2) weeks in advance and before any tests are scheduled for that time period.
CDL Examiner is solely responsible for the CDL skills testing area including but not limited to the setting up of backing exercise as required in the Vincennes University / BMV contract.
Take part in all State required advanced training courses, workshops and seminars.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Possess a valid Indiana Commercial Driver’s License with the classifications and endorsements required for operation of all classes and types of commercial motor vehicles used in CDL skills tests which will be conducted by the Examiner.
Minimum of three (3) years recent verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience
Successfully complete a State sanctioned Examiner training course and demonstrate the required knowledge and skills.
Current clean Motor Vehicle Record (No driver’s license suspension, revocation, cancellation or disqualification within the last three (3) years prior to application. No conviction for operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance within the last three (3) years prior to application.)
Maintain current Department of Transportation physical
Submit to random drug tests to be conducted by the University or their representatives per 49 CFR 382.
High school diploma or GED, some college preferred
Current knowledge on all regulations, organized record keeping skills, team player, excellent written and oral communication skills, knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for first consideration is Monday, June 2, 2014. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
VU is committed to diversity in the college community.